Within a 14-month period, starting in March 2020, 16 businesses took on premises within Peterhead’s town centre.
These businesses were all local enterprises or small regional chains choosing to either setup or expand their business, investing within Peterhead despite the pandemic.
- Smokesman Grill, start-up American Inspired Grill.
- NorthEast Workwear Outlet, start-up workwear and outdoor clothing supplier.
- Sprinkles, start-up ice-cream shop.
- Bien’s Nails, start-up nail service.
- Hays Travel, independent travel agency opened a store within Peterhead.
- RS Home Interiors, invested in a kitchen showroom.
- Very Spexy Optical Boutique, start-up offering stylish eye wear.
- Curvy Ladies, start-up offering plus size ladies clothing.
- Arc Cinema, opened a cinema within Peterhead.
- Arando’s, start-up food & drink takeaway business.
- Framers Workshop, invested in a framing workshop visible on the High Street.
- Magnet Food, start-up providing East-European foods.
- Mirror Mirror, start-up hair studio.
- The Made With Love Café opened on Erroll Street.
- Ibis Budget Hotels took over the former Travelodge.
- Central Taxis, relocated to a new, and larger, premises within Peterhead town centre.
Businesses already situated within the town centre, who chose to expand or relocate further within the town centre.
- Microbrewery Brew Toon expanded to offer a shop & tasting room.
- Specsavers Opticians and Audiologists chose to invest a six-figure sum to expand their service offering.
- Elaine’s Taxis relocated to 65 Mariscal Street.
- Smokesman Deli, after opening the grill in 2020 expanded in 2021 to offer a Deli.
- Symposium on Queen Street, renovated the café and the shop front.
- Daisy’s Baby Boutique acquired a second location on Queen Street.
- Tekserv, a local IT and software support company expanded into the upper floor of their Broad Street location.
2019 also saw a high level of business setups, scale ups and relocations within the Peterhead town centre.
- Brew Toon, set up a new Craft Microbrewery.
- Carriages, set up a baby and children’s clothing shop.
- Printworks, set up a new hotel.
- Shepherds, set up a new premises offering chartered surveyor services.
- Aldi opened a new store in Peterhead.
- Brewdog opened a new pub in the town centre.
- Travelodge expanded to included Peterhead to their list of locations.
- Dressage, fashion retailer, relocated within the town.
- A Special Treat, set-up a new tearoom.
- Photosmiths set-up a photo printing shop.
- BUPA Dentist set-up a new premises within Peterhead.
- Wheelie World started a new entertainment business.
Invest in Peterhead spoke to a few of these businesses to get their perspective on the motives behind why they chose to Invest in Peterhead. As well as a couple of longer established businesses within the town centre.
You can find out why they chose to Invest in Peterhead by watching these short videos, where we have captured their responses.
Peterhead has seen investment not only within the town centre but spread across the whole town, including its outskirts. This graph shows levels of investment totalling 1.5billion within Peterhead, invested between 2017 to 2021.
The high volume of businesses opening within Peterhead town centre, and the investment seen within the wider town, shows that local entrepreneurs and investors have a high level of confidence for both setting up business and scaling up business within the town. This volume of investment is inspiring others to also consider Peterhead as an investment opportunity for their start-up or expanding business/es.
It goes to show there is a lot going within Peterhead, and the town is hungry for more!
Want to find out more about Peterhead’s Investment opportunities?
The please get in contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07741 628 275