The Peterhead Area Community Trust (PACT) was formed in March 2018 as a registered charity and SCIO with an ambitious plan to develop community sport and recreation facilities in Peterhead for all.
The main objective was to provide opportunities to the community using sport as a vehicle to improve community cohesion and inspire people to think differently about themselves, improving their health and building confidence to achieve their goals.
The main aims of the group are:
- To engage with the community to better understand their needs to enable the provision or improvement of recreational and sporting facilities.
- To provide or improve opportunities that enables increased participation in physical and leisure activities to create a positive improvement to community health and inclusion.
- To support the delivery of community engagement programmes – (healthy lifestyle, community cohesion, re-employment opportunities, adult education, reduction in crime and disorder, social isolation and poverty).
- To provide support to Peterhead based organisations to enable them to develop through common administration, sourcing funding and engagement with stakeholders.
- To manage community facilities, land and associated assets for the benefit of the community of Peterhead that support the objectives and values of the Trust.
PACT’s first major project was completed in November 2019 and saw the redevelopment and extension to the Barclay Park Pavilion in Peterhead. A 25 year lease on the land was secured from the Feuars Managers. Significant consultation with the wider community as well as the sports community fed into the development of the plans, and as a result, this project was identified as a key starter project to provide improved sports and community facilities at Barclay Park Pavilion.